- BreakingFrench wine production plunges after bad weather
Winemakers in France’s have been hit by drought, hail and spring frost that’s seen production plunge by at least ten percent.
- 2 hours ago, 28 Aug 16, 3:01pm -
- BreakingKazakhstan crowned miniEURO champions
The 7th edition of the Minifootball European Championship came to a close this weekend with Kazakhstan taking on Croatia in the final.
- 2 hours ago, 28 Aug 16, 2:44pm -
- BreakingDozens dead as Turkey targets Kurdish militias in Syria
Turkish shelling and airstrikes have killed at least 25 people in northern Syria near the border city of Jarablus.
- 3 hours ago, 28 Aug 16, 2:01pm -
- BreakingGermany could see 300,000 more refugees this year, says migration boss
The head of Germany’s Office for Migration and Refugees said that up to 300,000 more refugees could arrive in Germany this year.
- 3 hours ago, 28 Aug 16, 1:47pm -
- BreakingBattle for Sirte: fight for city enters final phase
In Libya, militia groups aligned to the UN-brokered unity government are preparing for what they hope will be the final push to oust ISIL from Sirte.
- 4 hours ago, 28 Aug 16, 12:22pm -
- BreakingItalian museums donate ticket proceeds to quake-rebuilding
After last week’s devastating earthquake, Italian authorities are looking at how to pay for the rebuilding work.
- 7 hours ago, 28 Aug 16, 9:57am -
- BreakingEight soldiers killed in Paraguay by suspected rebel group
Eight soldiers have been killed in Paraguay after their squad was ambushed by suspected rebels from the Paraguayan People's Army (EPP).
- 9 hours ago, 28 Aug 16, 7:59am -
- BreakingIran and Venezuela cooperate to boost oil prices
Venezuela’s president said he expects new measures to stabalise oil markets and strengthen OPEC to be announced soon.
- 11 hours ago, 28 Aug 16, 5:58am -
- Turkish southeast airport targeted in rocket attack
Suspected Kurdish militants have fired rockets at an airport in southeastern Turkish city of Diyarbakir.
- 14 hours ago, 28 Aug 16, 2:35am -
- Trump vows to deport criminal illegal immigrants
Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump set out more details on his immigration policy as he sought to play down criticism he had softened his hardline stance on deporting undocumented migrants
- 16 hours ago, 28 Aug 16, 12:46am -
- French presidential contenders take aim at Burkini ban
An item of swim wear has become a defining issue in the early days of the race for the French presidency.
- 17 hours ago, 27 Aug 16, 11:14pm -
- Protesters clash with police at Moldova independence day parade
Tensions boiled over during Moldova’s independence day parade, as protesters clashed with police in the capital.
- 20 hours ago, 27 Aug 16, 8:56pm -
- Italy quake: restaurants launch pasta campaign for devastated areas
In a move aimed at showing solidarity with the victims of Wednesday’s devastating earthquake, chefs in Italy are serving up more pasta all’Amatriciana.
- 20 hours ago, 27 Aug 16, 8:33pm -
- Turkey scales up Syrian offensive
Turkey has scaled up its cross-border offensive inside northern Syria, launching airstrikes and artillery against both ISIL and Kurdish forces south of the strategic town of…
- 21 hours ago, 27 Aug 16, 7:19pm -
- Vuelta a Espana: Quintana grabs lead as Lagutin wins stage eight
Sergey Lagutin from Uzbekistan won stage eight of the Tour of Spain on Saturday while Colombian Nairo Quintana became the new overall leader.
- 22 hours ago, 27 Aug 16, 6:32pm -
- Dredge retains lead in Denmark
Bradley Dredge kept his composure to retain his lead going into the final day of the Made in Denmark tournament.
- 24 hours ago, 27 Aug 16, 4:33pm -
- Syria: evacuation of civilians and rebels in Daraya continues
Syrian civilians and opposition fighters have continued to evacuate Daraya for a second day.
- 1 day ago, 27 Aug 16, 3:17pm -
- Grieving relatives attend state funeral for victims of Italian quake
Weeping relatives hugged each other and reached out to touch the varnished coffins of victims of an earthquake at a state funeral held on Saturday (August 27) for some of the 290 people who died in th
- 1 day ago, 27 Aug 16, 3:11pm -
- The Magic of Mushrooms
Fungi specialists discover incredible and groundbreaking innovations across several domains
- 1 day ago, 27 Aug 16, 3:00pm -
- Djokovic looking to bounce back at Flushing Meadows
Serbia’s Novak Djokovic will begin the defence of his US Open crown with a tricky first-round encounter with Poland’s Jerzy Janowicz.
- 1 day ago, 27 Aug 16, 2:50pm -
- UK: M20 bridge collapse causes travel chaos
A pedestrian bridge collapsed onto a UK motorway on one of the busiest travel days of the year.
- 1 day ago, 27 Aug 16, 1:45pm -
- Malaysian protesters call for PM's arrest
Students and anti-corruption activists in Malaysia have taken to the streets of the capital Kuala Lumpur calling for the arrest of Prime Minister Najib Razak.
- 1 day ago, 27 Aug 16, 1:36pm -
- Bangladesh police kill terror attack plotter in shootout
Bangladeshi police say they have killed three militants – including the alleged plotter of a terror attack which left 22 people dead last month.
- 1 day ago, 27 Aug 16, 11:30am -
- At least 17 dead in Moscow warehouse fire: Russian ministry
At least 17 migrant workers died after a fire broke out at a Moscow warehouse on Saturday morning, Russian authorities said.
- 1 day ago, 27 Aug 16, 10:58am -
- Italy holds state funeral for victims of earthquake
Mourners gathered in the Italian town of Ascoli Piceno on Saturday for a state funeral for some of the victims of Wednesday’s (August 24)powerful earthquake.
- 1 day ago, 27 Aug 16, 9:59am -
- Turkish PM says Syria border must be cleansed of threats
Turkey’s prime minister says any Kurdish entity at its border will not be tolerated.
- 1 day ago, 27 Aug 16, 8:45am -
- Tunisia's parliament approves new national unity government
Tunisia’s new national unity government has won a confidence vote as the country’s prime minister warned parliament of an austerity risk.
- 1 day ago, 27 Aug 16, 5:49am -
- US and Russia report progress but no deal reached on Syria
The US and Russia have made progress on a deal to restore a truce in Syria but failed to make a breakthrough on military cooperation and a cessation of…
- 2 days ago, 27 Aug 16, 3:10am -
- Accumoli, inside the town near the quake's epicentre
Accumoli was near the epicentre, when the earthquake struck, taking the lives of 11 people in the hilltop village.
- 2 days ago, 27 Aug 16, 1:29am -
- French burkini ban ruling fuels controversy
The ban had been imposed on the grounds that it contravened French laws on secularism. Far from cooling down tensions, the ruling has created even more controversy.
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 11:10pm -
- Turkey opens world's biggest suspension bridge in Istanbul
Turkey has opened the world’s biggest suspension bridge in Istanbul.
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 9:20pm -
- No 'Arab Spring' in Zimbabwe, Mugabe warns protesters
President Robert Mugabe has warned there will be no ‘Arab Spring’ in Zimbabwe after protests against his decades-long rule descended into violence on Friday.
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 8:21pm -
- 'Lucky to be alive': farmer surveys Italy quake destruction
Illica is one of the closest villages to the epicentre of last week’s earthquake in central Italy – and one of the most damaged.
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 8:16pm -
- Clarke receives warm reception in Denmark
Welshman Bradley Dredge held his nerve to card an impressive 66 during the second round of the Made in Denmark tournament on Friday.
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 7:40pm -
- Vuelta a Espana: Van Genechten clinches Stage 7 as Contador suffers crash
Belgium’s Jonas Van Genechten timed his sprint perfectly to clinch the seventh stage of the Vuelta a Espana.
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 7:27pm -
- State funeral for Italy quake victims
A state funeral on Saturday will lay to rest some of the 278 victims of Italy’s earthquake, among them many children.
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 7:01pm -
- Casillas left out of Spain squad
New Spain coach Julen Lopetegui has left out goalkeeper Iker Casillas from his first international squad.
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 6:30pm -
- Colombia's peace deal heads to Congress
It was an historic moment: the formal peace agreement made in Havana to end 52 years of civil war in Colombia.
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 5:36pm -
- Merkel calls Brexit a 'deep break' in EU integration
Angela Merkel has described Brexit as a “deep break” in the European Union’s history of integration.
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 5:08pm -
- US second quarter growth sluggish, as consumer spending surges
New data shows economic growth in the US was slightly more tepid than initially thought in the second quarter – offsetting a spurt in consumer spending.
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 4:36pm -
- Spain's Navarra region sees worst fires in 30 years
The northern Spanish region of Navarra has been hit by its worst wildfires in 30 years.
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 4:04pm -
- Case for US interest rate hike strengthens, says Fed's Yellen
Improvements in the labour market and expectations for solid economic growth strengthen the case for a US interest rate hike.
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 3:57pm -
- NASA's SpaceX Dragon capsule returns home
NASA’s SpaceX Dragon capsule has returned to Earth carrying a huge cargo of scientific experiments from the International Space Station.
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 3:54pm -
- Coral bleaching in Japan the worst in 20 years, say scientists
Scientists say coral bleaching is getting worse in southwestern Japan.
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 3:53pm -
- Kenya disbands Olympic committee over Rio performance
Kenya has disbanded its National Olympics Committee because of “alleged mismanagement” of the national team during the Rio Games.Sports Cabinet
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 3:40pm -
- Russian Olympic medallists awarded free BMWs
Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev thanked National Olympic team members for their achievements in Rio and rewarded them with a BMW each at a
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 3:27pm -
- South Africa court rejects appeal to increase Pistorius sentence
A South African court has dismissed an appeal to increase Oscar Pistorius’ six-year murder sentence by state prosecutors.
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 2:51pm -
- Thierry Henry named as new Belgium assistant manager
Arsenal legend Thierry Henry will be an assistant to new Belgium coach Roberto Martinez as they start their bid to qualify for the next World Cup
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 2:41pm -
- Myanmar earthquake: Japan, China and UN offer to help restore ancient site
The UN, along with Japan and China, have offered to help restore dozens of damaged structures in Myanmar following Wednesday large earthquake.
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 2:32pm -
- Ride-hailing firm Uber reportedly records record loss
Ride-hailing giant Uber lost more than 1.
- 2 days ago, 26 Aug 16, 2:28pm -