- BreakingTwo in hospital after "chemical incident" at London City airport
London City Airport evacuated on Friday afternoon and more than two dozen people were treated for breathing difficulties after "chemical incident."
- 2 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 8:06pm -
- BreakingSpain's royalty on show for Asturias Awards
Spain’s King Felipe and Queen Letizia presided over a star-studded ceremony in Oviedo for the 2016 Princess of Asturias awards.
- 2 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 7:39pm -
- BreakingGunbattles rage in Iraqi city of Kirkuk after ISIL attack
Street battles between ISIL fighters and Kurdish forces erupted on Friday in the norther Iraqi city of Kirkuk.
- 5 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 5:27pm -
- BreakingExoMars: ESA's Mars lander crashed and destroyed on the Red Planet
The European Space Agency has said that the missing European space probe on Mars fell to the surface of the Red Planet from a height of two to four kilometres and was destroyed on…
- 5 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 5:16pm -
- BreakingWTA finals draw made in Singapore
The draw for the lucrative season-ending WTA finals was made in Singapore on Friday.
- 5 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 4:51pm -
- BreakingLatest US-Russian crew joins International Space Station
The two Russians and one American arrived at the ISS two days after their spacecraft had left Earth. They will stay in space until February.
- 5 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 4:43pm -
- BreakingBombardier to cut more jobs in Canada and Germany
Canadian plane and train maker Bombardier says it is cutting another 7,500 jobs - 10 percent of its workforce - over the next two years.
- 5 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 4:42pm -
- BreakingMay ready for tough talks over Brexit
The UK prime minister says she is ready for some "difficult moments", but will fight to remain part of the bloc's single market.
- 6 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 4:19pm -
- BreakingSmoking consolidation: British American Tobacco bids for Reynolds American
A huge cigarette merger is in the offing as British American Tobacco aims to roll up the 58 percent of Reynolds American that it does not already own.
- 6 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 3:36pm -
- BreakingTyphoon Haima shuts down Hong Kong
Typhoon Haima, measuring eight out of ten on the authorities' severe storm scale, shut down Hong Kong on Friday morning.
- 7 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 3:23pm -
- BreakingEuroLeague: Olympiacos thump Efes Istanbul to register first win of new season
Olympiacos Piraeus thrashed Anadolu Efes Istanbul on Thursday to notch up their first win of the new campaign.
- 7 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 3:02pm -
- BreakingHeavy rain hits Crutchlow-led practice session for Australian MotoGP
Britain’s Cal Crutchlow was quickest in a rain-hit first practice session for this weekend’s Australian MotoGP at Phillip Island.
- 7 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 2:51pm -
- BreakingUK: Conservative Party holds on to David Cameron's vacant seat in parliament
The Conservative Party in the UK has held on to former Prime Minister David Cameron’s place in parliament, winning the by-election for the vacant Witney seat.
- 7 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 2:48pm -
- BreakingUN human rights chief accuses 'Syria and its allies' of war crimes in Aleppo
The UN Commissioner for Human Rights, Zeid Ra'ad al Hussein, did not mention Russia by name and said all sides in the conflict had violated international law.
- 7 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 2:41pm -
- BreakingSnapchat, Skype, Blackberry get low marks on privacy protection
Amnesty International ranked the 11 most used messaging apps on their use of encryption to protect users' privacy.
- 7 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 2:35pm -
- BreakingHollande to meet French police unions
It comes after a fourth night of protests at the Place de la Republique and the Champs Elysees in Paris. Other protests took place in Bordeaux, Nancy and Toulouse.
- 8 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 2:24pm -
- BreakingWTO concerned about Britain's membership terms post-Brexit
The head of the World Trade Organisation says Britain's future terms of membership in the WTO will depend a lot on the Brexit separation negotiations.
- 8 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 2:18pm -
- BreakingAnd also...
Every Friday journalists from euronews’ various language teams choose a selection of stories from Europe and beyond which did not reach the international headlines Under the ‘Moonbow’ Photographer Be
- 9 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 1:11pm -
- BreakingHungary promises payroll tax cuts amid labour shortage
Hungary's government is promising to cut the level of tax on wages as it suffers a labour shortage following years of emigration to western Europe.
- 9 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 1:09pm -
- BreakingDaimler: Cars outperform trucks
Daimler's latest quarterly results showed improvement in sales of Mercedes cars, but falling demand for its trucks.
- 9 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 1:08pm -
- BreakingIraq's displaced Christians encouraged by drive to oust ISIL from Mosul
Christians living in Iraq's Kurdish region are watching events around Mosul closely as coalition forces try to drive the extremists out.
- 9 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 12:32pm -
- BreakingHide or get killed: boys trapped by Albania's blood feuds
Scores of young boys live holed up at home for years: they could be killed in family feuds if they simply stepped outside.
- 10 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 12:16pm -
- BreakingRussia warships pass through English Channel under UK Navy’s watchful eye
Several Russian warships pass close to the UK on their way to the Mediterranean
- 11 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 11:19am -
- BreakingJames Nachtwey: we must think deeply before people commit to war
*James Nachtwey is one of the greatest photographers of our time.
- 11 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 10:47am -
- Strong but shallow earthquake rocks western Japan
There were no immediate reports of casualties or major damage following the 6.6 magnitude tremor.
- 12 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 9:46am -
- Libya seeks Italian help to curb migrant numbers
Libya and Italy are reportedly close to a deal aimed at curbing the number of migrants and refugees crossing the Mediterranean.
- 13 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 9:28am -
- South Africa to withdraw from the ICC
The country's Justice Minister, Michael Masutha, says the court's obligations are no consistent with legislation granting diplomatic immunity to sitting leaders.
- 13 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 9:09am -
- Video: Inside hurricane-ravaged Haiti hospital
The maternity unit at Beaumont hospital in Grand’ Anse, Haiti, lies in ruin.
- 13 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 8:43am -
- Iraqi city of Kirkuk attacked by suspected ISIL fighters
Fighting has broken out in Iraq’s northern city of Kirkuk after suspected ISIL gunmen attacked several buildings, including a police compound and power station.
- 14 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 7:53am -
- Venezuela suspends recall referendum plans
It has sparked an outcry from the opposition, who have accused the Socialist government of dictatorial tactics.
- 14 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 7:49am -
- Does killing drug dealers work?
President Duterte of the Philippines interprets the term “war on drugs” literally.
- 16 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 6:14am -
- Trump and Clinton trade jokes and insults at charity dinner
A day after their third and final presidential debate, rivals Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump have poked fun at each other at a charity dinner in New York.
- 16 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 5:59am -
- EU summit hears list of Russia's misdemeanour ahead of tricky period
The EU faces a tough short-term future with Russia, Brexit and migrants all snapping away at unity, which the latest summit hopes to repair.
- 19 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 2:44am -
- Iraqi army claims victory on road to Mosul
Iraqi forces report faster than expected progress in the battle for Mosul, Iraq's second city, held for the last two years by ISIL.
- 22 hours ago, 21 Oct 16, 12:14am -
- Hariri gambles on Aoun to break Lebanon political deadlock
Saad Hariri has taken a bold gamble endorsing Michel Aoun for Lebanon's presidency. Despite Aoun's closeness to nemesis Hezbollah, Hariri may pick up the prime minister's job.
- 23 hours ago, 20 Oct 16, 10:30pm -
- 'There are three of us against the world - It's the only way'
The president of the Philippines has announced his country will abandon its longstanding ally the United States and embrace China instead.
- 1 day ago, 20 Oct 16, 9:23pm -
- Mexican judge shot dead as El Chapo's extradition to US confirmed
A Mexican court orders notorious drugs lord El Chapo can be extradited to the USA
- 1 day ago, 20 Oct 16, 9:07pm -
- Greece's economic boost from refugee aid
The challenge of dealing with thousands of refugees could have a silver lining for Greece with emergency aid money boosting the country's economy.
- 1 day ago, 20 Oct 16, 8:19pm -
- Double Olympic ski champion Tina Maze hangs up her skis
Two-time Olympic alpine skiing champion Tina Maze has announced her retirement from the sport.
- 1 day ago, 20 Oct 16, 8:04pm -
- Catalonia vows to defy Spain court ruling overturning bullfight ban
Pro-independence politicians and animal rights activists have condemned the Madrid court decision saying the region had no right to ban bullfighting.
- 1 day ago, 20 Oct 16, 7:54pm -
- Hungary's opposition journalists take shelter in homeless magazine
Hungarian opposition journalists take shelter in homeless magazine, saying the government shut their newspaper down.
- 1 day ago, 20 Oct 16, 7:49pm -
- On-form world number one Kerber focused ahead of season-ending finals
Angelique Kerber enjoyed a breakthrough season in 2016 – a year that saw the 28-year-old German win two Grand Slam titles – the Australian Open and US Open – and take over the world number one ranking
- 1 day ago, 20 Oct 16, 7:07pm -
- Dalai Lama awarded citizenship of Milan
China has opposed another award given to the Dalai Lama, this time after the city of Milan awarded him citizenship.
- 1 day ago, 20 Oct 16, 5:06pm -
- Clear night sky? Look out for the Orionids meteors tonight
This month Earth crosses the orbital path of comet trails promising dazzling night displays of shooting stars in the northern hemisphere – that is if you can get far away from city lights and in near
- 1 day ago, 20 Oct 16, 5:03pm -
- Police hunt thugs who hammer a nail into dog's head
An RSPCA official has spoke of his horror of one of the worst cases of animal cruelty he has ever seen.
- 1 day ago, 20 Oct 16, 4:47pm -
- Hungary: Man arrested over Budapest bomb blast
Authorities in Hungary have announced the arrest of a man suspected of being behind a home-made shrapnel bomb attack in central Budapest last month in which two police officers were…
- 1 day ago, 20 Oct 16, 4:29pm -
- Video shows Italian police stopping migrant van at French border
A delivery van with 17 Africans crammed inside was intercepted close to Ventimiglia, which has become known as Italy's "mini Calais".
- 1 day ago, 20 Oct 16, 4:27pm -
- Germany: Teenager goes on trial accused of stabbing 'on ISIL's orders'
The trial began on Thursday of a teenage German-Moroccan girl accused of stabbing a police officer at a train station in Hanover in February on the orders of so-called Islamic…
- 1 day ago, 20 Oct 16, 4:18pm -
- Clinton vs Trump - the final round
The third and final US presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump was billed as a tough and bitter political punch-up and millions of viewers wanted to see dust fly were not…
- 1 day ago, 20 Oct 16, 4:06pm -
- Chuck Berry rolls back the years with new album at 90
Rock ‘n’ roll legend Chuck Berry celebrated his 90th birthday on Tuesday by announcing that his first album of new music in 38 years would be
- 1 day ago, 20 Oct 16, 3:51pm -